wp_schedule_event ( $timestamp, $recurrence, $hook, $args = array() )
- (int) timestamp Unix timestamp (UTC) for when to next run the event.
- (string) recurrence How often the event should subsequently recur. See wp_get_schedules() for accepted values.
- (string) hook Action hook to execute when the event is run.
- (array) args Optional. Array containing each separate argument to pass to the hook's callback function.
Defined at:Change Log:
- (bool) True if event successfully scheduled. False for failure.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.1.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Schedules a recurring event.Schedules a hook which will be triggered by WordPress at the specified interval.
The action will trigger when someone visits your WordPress site if the scheduled
time has passed.
Valid values for the recurrence are 'hourly', 'daily', and 'twicedaily'. These can
be extended using the Array filter in wp_get_schedules().
Note that scheduling an event to occur within 10 minutes of an existing event
with the same action hook will be ignored unless you pass unique `$args` values
for each scheduled event.
Use wp_next_scheduled() to prevent duplicate events.
Use wp_schedule_single_event() to schedule a non-recurring event.