- wp_login is deprecated since version 2.5.0!
wp_login ( $username, $password, $deprecated = '' )
- (string) $username User's username
- (string) $password User's password
- (string) $deprecated Not used
- (bool) False on login failure, true on successful check
- Introduced in WordPress: 1.2.2
- Deprecated in WordPress: 2.5.0
Checks a users login information and logs them in if it checks out. This function is deprecated.
Use the global $error to get the reason why the login failed. If the username
is blank, no error will be set, so assume blank username on that case.
Plugins extending this function should also provide the global $error and set
what the error is, so that those checking the global for why there was a
failure can utilize it later.