wp_signon ( $credentials = array(), $secure_cookie = '' )
- (array) credentials Optional. User info in order to sign on.
- (string|bool) secure_cookie Optional. Whether to use secure cookie.
- (WP_User|WP_Error) WP_User on success, WP_Error on failure.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.5.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Authenticates and logs a user in with 'remember' capability.The credentials is an array that has 'user_login', 'user_password', and
'remember' indices. If the credentials is not given, then the log in form
will be assumed and used if set.
The various authentication cookies will be set by this function and will be
set for a longer period depending on if the 'remember' credential is set to
Note: wp_signon() doesn't handle setting the current user. This means that if the
function is called before the Array hook is fired, is_user_logged_in() will
evaluate as false until that point. If is_user_logged_in() is needed in conjunction
with wp_signon(), wp_set_current_user() should be called explicitly.