wp_delete_comment ( $comment_id, $force_delete = false )
- (int|WP_Comment) comment_id Comment ID or WP_Comment object.
- (bool) force_delete Whether to bypass Trash and force deletion. Default false.
- (bool) True on success, false on failure.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.0.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Trashes or deletes a comment.The comment is moved to Trash instead of permanently deleted unless Trash is
disabled, item is already in the Trash, or $force_delete is true.
The post comment count will be updated if the comment was approved and has a
post ID available.