wp_delete_comment ( $comment_id, $force_delete = false )
- (int|WP_Comment) $comment_id Comment ID or WP_Comment object.
- (bool) $force_delete Whether to bypass trash and force deletion. Default is false.
- (bool) True on success, false on failure.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.0.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Trashes or deletes a comment.
The comment is moved to trash instead of permanently deleted unless trash is
disabled, item is already in the trash, or $force_delete is true.
The post comment count will be updated if the comment was approved and has a
post ID available.