add_option ( $option, $value = '', $deprecated = '', $autoload = 'yes' )
- (string) option Name of the option to add. Expected to not be SQL-escaped.
- (mixed) value Optional. Option value. Must be serializable if non-scalar. Expected to not be SQL-escaped.
- (string) deprecated Optional. Description. Not used anymore.
- (string|bool) autoload Optional. Whether to load the option when WordPress starts up. Default is enabled. Accepts 'no' to disable for legacy reasons.
- (bool) True if the option was added, false otherwise.
- Introduced in WordPress: 1.0.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Adds a new option.You do not need to serialize values. If the value needs to be serialized,
then it will be serialized before it is inserted into the database.
Remember, resources cannot be serialized or added as an option.
You can create options without values and then update the values later.
Existing options will not be updated and checks are performed to ensure that you
aren't adding a protected WordPress option. Care should be taken to not name
options the same as the ones which are protected.