add_action ( $hook_name, $callback, $priority = 10, $accepted_args = 1 )
- (string) hook_name The name of the action to add the callback to.
- (callable) callback The callback to be run when the action is called.
- (int) priority Optional. Used to specify the order in which the functions associated with a particular action are executed. Lower numbers correspond with earlier execution, and functions with the same priority are executed in the order in which they were added to the action. Default 10.
- (int) accepted_args Optional. The number of arguments the function accepts. Default 1.
- (true) Always returns true.
- Introduced in WordPress: 1.2.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Adds a callback function to an action hook.Actions are the hooks that the WordPress core launches at specific points
during execution, or when specific events occur. Plugins can specify that
one or more of its PHP functions are executed at these points, using the