wp_update_term ( $term_id, $taxonomy, $args = array() )
- (int) term_id The ID of the term
- (string) taxonomy The context in which to relate the term to the object.
- (array|string) args Optional. Array of get_terms() arguments. Default empty array.
- (array|WP_Error) Returns Term ID and Taxonomy Term ID
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.3.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Update term based on arguments provided.The $args will indiscriminately override all values with the same field name.
Care must be taken to not override important information need to update or
update will fail (or perhaps create a new term, neither would be acceptable).
Defaults will set 'alias_of', 'description', 'parent', and 'slug' if not
defined in $args already.
'alias_of' will create a term group, if it doesn't already exist, and update
it for the $term.
If the 'slug' argument in $args is missing, then the 'name' in $args will be
used. It should also be noted that if you set 'slug' and it isn't unique then
a WP_Error will be passed back. If you don't pass any slug, then a unique one
will be created for you.
For what can be overrode in `$args`, check the term scheme can contain and stay
away from the term keys.