wp_update_comment_count ( $post_id, $do_deferred = false )
- (int|null) post_id Post ID.
- (bool) do_deferred Optional. Whether to process previously deferred post comment counts. Default false.
- (bool|void) True on success, false on failure or if post with ID does not exist.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.1.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Updates the comment count for post(s).When $do_deferred is false (is by default) and the comments have been set to
be deferred, the post_id will be added to a queue, which will be updated at a
later date and only updated once per post ID.
If the comments have not be set up to be deferred, then the post will be
updated. When $do_deferred is set to true, then all previous deferred post
IDs will be updated along with the current $post_id.