size_format ( $bytes, $decimals = 0 )
- (int|string) bytes Number of bytes. Note max integer size for integers.
- (int) decimals Optional. Precision of number of decimal places. Default 0.
- (string|bool) Number string on success, false on failure.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.3.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Convert number of bytes largest unit bytes will fit into.It is easier to read 1 KB than 1024 bytes and 1 MB than 1048576 bytes. Converts
number of bytes to human readable number by taking the number of that unit
that the bytes will go into it. Supports TB value.
Please note that integers in PHP are limited to 32 bits, unless they are on
64 bit architecture, then they have 64 bit size. If you need to place the
larger size then what PHP integer type will hold, then use a string. It will
be converted to a double, which should always have 64 bit length.
Technically the correct unit names for powers of 1024 are KiB, MiB etc.