settings_errors ( $setting = '', $sanitize = false, $hide_on_update = false )
Defined at:Change Log:
- (string) setting Optional slug title of a specific setting whose errors you want.
- (bool) sanitize Whether to re-sanitize the setting value before returning errors.
- (bool) hide_on_update If set to true errors will not be shown if the settings page has already been submitted.
- Introduced in WordPress: 3.0.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Display settings errors registered by add_settings_error().Part of the Settings API. Outputs a div for each error retrieved by
This is called automatically after a settings page based on the
Settings API is submitted. Errors should be added during the validation
callback function for a setting defined in register_setting().
The $sanitize option is passed into get_settings_errors() and will
re-run the setting sanitization
on its current value.
The $hide_on_update option will cause errors to only show when the settings
page is first loaded. if the user has already saved new values it will be
hidden to avoid repeating messages already shown in the default error
reporting after submission. This is useful to show general errors like
missing settings when the user arrives at the settings page.