get_option ( $option, $default = false )
- (string) option Name of the option to retrieve. Expected to not be SQL-escaped.
- (mixed) default Optional. Default value to return if the option does not exist.
- (mixed) Value set for the option. A value of any type may be returned, including array, boolean, float, integer, null, object, and string.
- Introduced in WordPress: 1.5.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Retrieves an option value based on an option name.If the option does not exist or does not have a value, then the return value
will be false. This is useful to check whether you need to install an option
and is commonly used during installation of plugin options and to test
whether upgrading is required.
If the option was serialized then it will be unserialized when it is returned.
Any scalar values will be returned as strings. You may coerce the return type of
a given option by registering an Array filter callback.