format_to_edit ( $content, $rich_text = false )
- (string) content The text about to be edited.
- (bool) rich_text Optional. Whether `$content` should be considered rich text, in which case it would not be passed through esc_textarea(). Default false.
Defined at:Change Log:
- (string) The text after the filter (and possibly htmlspecialchars()) has been run.
- Introduced in WordPress: 0.71
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Acts on text which is about to be edited.The $content is run through esc_textarea(), which uses htmlspecialchars()
to convert special characters to HTML entities. If `$richedit` is set to true,
it is simply a holder for the Array filter.