current_user_can ( $capability, $args )
- (string) capability Capability name.
- (mixed) args Optional further parameters, typically starting with an object ID.
Defined at:Change Log:
- (bool) Whether the current user has the given capability. If `$capability` is a meta cap and `$object_id` is passed, whether the current user has the given meta capability for the given object.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.0.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Returns whether the current user has the specified capability.This function also accepts an ID of an object to check against if the capability is a meta capability. Meta
capabilities such as `edit_post` and `edit_user` are capabilities used by the `map_meta_cap()` function to
map to primitive capabilities that a user or role has, such as `edit_posts` and `edit_others_posts`.
current_user_can( 'edit_posts' );
current_user_can( 'edit_post', $post->ID );
current_user_can( 'edit_post_meta', $post->ID, $meta_key );
While checking against particular roles in place of a capability is supported
in part, this practice is discouraged as it may produce unreliable results.
Note: Will always return true if the current user is a super admin, unless specifically denied.