current_user_can ( $capability )
- (string) $capability Capability name.
- (int) $object_id Optional. ID of the specific object to check against if `$capability` is a "meta" cap. "Meta" capabilities, e.g. 'edit_post', 'edit_user', etc., are capabilities used by map_meta_cap() to map to other "primitive" capabilities, e.g. 'edit_posts', 'edit_others_posts', etc. Accessed via func_get_args() and passed to WP_User::has_cap(), then map_meta_cap().
- (bool) Whether the current user has the given capability. If `$capability` is a meta cap and `$object_id` is passed, whether the current user has the given meta capability for the given object.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.0.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Whether the current user has a specific capability.
While checking against particular roles in place of a capability is supported
in part, this practice is discouraged as it may produce unreliable results.
Note: Will always return true if the current user is a super admin, unless specifically denied.