map_meta_cap ( $cap, $user_id, $args )
- (string) cap Capability being checked.
- (int) user_id User ID.
- (mixed) args Optional further parameters, typically starting with an object ID.
Defined at:Change Log:
- (string) Primitive capabilities required of the user.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.0.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Maps a capability to the primitive capabilities required of the given user to
satisfy the capability being checked.This function also accepts an ID of an object to map against if the capability is a meta capability. Meta
capabilities such as `edit_post` and `edit_user` are capabilities used by this function to map to primitive
capabilities that a user or role requires, such as `edit_posts` and `edit_others_posts`.
map_meta_cap( 'edit_posts', $user->ID );
map_meta_cap( 'edit_post', $user->ID, $post->ID );
map_meta_cap( 'edit_post_meta', $user->ID, $post->ID, $meta_key );
This function does not check whether the user has the required capabilities,
it just returns what the required capabilities are.