count_users ( $strategy = 'time', $site_id = null )
- (string) $strategy Optional. The computational strategy to use when counting the users. Accepts either 'time' or 'memory'. Default 'time'.
- (int|null) $site_id Optional. The site ID to count users for. Defaults to the current site.
Defined at:Change Log:
- (array) Includes a grand total and an array of counts indexed by role strings.
- Introduced in WordPress: 3.0.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Count number of users who have each of the user roles.
Assumes there are neither duplicated nor orphaned capabilities meta_values.
Assumes role names are unique phrases. Same assumption made by WP_User_Query::prepare_query()
Using $strategy = 'time' this is CPU-intensive and should handle around 10^7 users.
Using $strategy = 'memory' this is memory-intensive and should handle around 10^5 users, but see WP Bug #12257.