wp_verify_nonce ( $nonce, $action = -1 )
- (string) $nonce Nonce value that was used for verification, usually via a form field.
- (string|int) $action Should give context to what is taking place and be the same when nonce was created.
- (false|int) False if the nonce is invalid, 1 if the nonce is valid and generated between 0-12 hours ago, 2 if the nonce is valid and generated between 12-24 hours ago.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.0.3
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Verifies that a correct security nonce was used with time limit.
A nonce is valid for 24 hours (by default).