wp_unique_filename ( $dir, $filename, $unique_filename_callback = null )
- (string) dir Directory.
- (string) filename File name.
- (callable) unique_filename_callback Callback. Default null.
- (string) New filename, if given wasn't unique.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.5.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Gets a filename that is sanitized and unique for the given directory.If the filename is not unique, then a number will be added to the filename
before the extension, and will continue adding numbers until the filename
The callback function allows the caller to use their own method to create
unique file names. If defined, the callback should take three arguments:
- directory, base filename, and extension - and return a unique filename.