wp_unique_filename ( $dir, $filename, $unique_filename_callback = null )
- (string) dir Directory.
- (string) filename File name.
- (callable) unique_filename_callback Callback. Default null.
- (string) New filename, if given wasn't unique.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.5.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Get a filename that is sanitized and unique for the given directory.If the filename is not unique, then a number will be added to the filename
before the extension, and will continue adding numbers until the filename is
The callback is passed three parameters, the first one is the directory, the
second is the filename, and the third is the extension.