wp_title ( $sep = '»', $display = true, $seplocation = '' )
- (string) sep Optional. How to separate the various items within the page title. Default '»'.
- (bool) display Optional. Whether to display or retrieve title. Default true.
- (string) seplocation Optional. Location of the separator ('left' or 'right').
- (string|void) String when `$display` is true, nothing otherwise.
- Introduced in WordPress: 1.0.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Display or retrieve page title for all areas of blog.By default, the page title will display the separator before the page title,
so that the blog title will be before the page title. This is not good for
title display, since the blog title shows up on most tabs and not what is
important, which is the page that the user is looking at.
There are also SEO benefits to having the blog title after or to the 'right'
of the page title. However, it is mostly common sense to have the blog title
to the right with most browsers supporting tabs. You can achieve this by
using the seplocation parameter and setting the value to 'right'. This change
was introduced around 2.5.0, in case backward compatibility of themes is