wp_specialchars_decode ( $string, $quote_style = ENT_NOQUOTES )
- (string) string The text which is to be decoded.
- (string|int) quote_style Optional. Converts double quotes if set to ENT_COMPAT, both single and double if set to ENT_QUOTES or none if set to ENT_NOQUOTES. Also compatible with old _wp_specialchars() values; converting single quotes if set to 'single', double if set to 'double' or both if otherwise set. Default is ENT_NOQUOTES.
- (string) The decoded text without HTML entities.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.8.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Converts a number of HTML entities into their special characters.Specifically deals with: &, <, >, ", and '.
$quote_style can be set to ENT_COMPAT to decode " entities,
or ENT_QUOTES to do both " and '. Default is ENT_NOQUOTES where no quotes are decoded.