wp_parse_url ( $url, $component = -1 )
- (string) url The URL to parse.
- (int) component The specific component to retrieve. Use one of the PHP predefined constants to specify which one. Defaults to -1 (= return all parts as an array).
Defined at:Change Log:
- (mixed) False on parse failure; Array of URL components on success; When a specific component has been requested: null if the component doesn't exist in the given URL; a string or - in the case of PHP_URL_PORT - integer when it does. See parse_url()'s return values.
- Introduced in WordPress: 4.4.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
A wrapper for PHP's parse_url() function that handles consistency in the return values
across PHP versions.PHP 5.4.7 expanded parse_url()'s ability to handle non-absolute URLs, including
schemeless and relative URLs with "://" in the path. This function works around
those limitations providing a standard output on PHP 5.2~5.4+.
Secondly, across various PHP versions, schemeless URLs containing a ":" in the query
are being handled inconsistently. This function works around those differences as well.