wp_nonce_field ( $action = -1, $name = '_wpnonce', $referer = true, $echo = true )
- (int|string) action Optional. Action name. Default -1.
- (string) name Optional. Nonce name. Default '_wpnonce'.
- (bool) referer Optional. Whether to set the referer field for validation. Default true.
- (bool) echo Optional. Whether to display or return hidden form field. Default true.
- (string) Nonce field HTML markup.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.0.4
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Retrieve or display nonce hidden field for forms.The nonce field is used to validate that the contents of the form came from
the location on the current site and not somewhere else. The nonce does not
offer absolute protection, but should protect against most cases. It is very
important to use nonce field in forms.
The $action and $name are optional, but if you want to have better security,
it is strongly suggested to set those two parameters. It is easier to just
call the function without any parameters, because validation of the nonce
doesn't require any parameters, but since crackers know what the default is
it won't be difficult for them to find a way around your nonce and cause
The input name will be whatever $name value you gave. The input value will be
the nonce creation value.