wp_html_excerpt ( $str, $count, $more = null )
- (string) str String to get the excerpt from.
- (int) count Maximum number of characters to take.
- (string) more Optional. What to append if $str needs to be trimmed. Defaults to empty string.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.5.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Safely extracts not more than the first $count characters from HTML string.UTF-8, tags and entities safe prefix extraction. Entities inside will *NOT*
be counted as one character. For example & will be counted as 4, < as