wp_count_posts ( $type = 'post', $perm = '' )
- (string) type Optional. Post type to retrieve count. Default 'post'.
- (string) perm Optional. 'readable' or empty. Default empty.
- (object) Number of posts for each status.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.5.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Count number of posts of a post type and if user has permissions to view.This function provides an efficient method of finding the amount of post's
type a blog has. Another method is to count the amount of items in
get_posts(), but that method has a lot of overhead with doing so. Therefore,
when developing for 2.5+, use this function instead.
The $perm parameter checks for 'readable' value and if the user can read
private posts, it will display that for the user that is signed in.