term_exists ( $term, $taxonomy = '', $parent = null )
- (int|string) term The term to check. Accepts term ID, slug, or name.
- (string) taxonomy Optional. The taxonomy name to use.
- (int) parent Optional. ID of parent term under which to confine the exists search.
- (mixed) Returns null if the term does not exist. Returns the term ID if no taxonomy is specified and the term ID exists. Returns an array of the term ID and the term taxonomy ID if the taxonomy is specified and the pairing exists. Returns 0 if term ID 0 is passed to the function.
- Introduced in WordPress: 3.0.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Determines whether a taxonomy term exists.Formerly is_term(), introduced in 2.3.0.
For more information on this and similar theme functions, check out
the [Conditional Tags](https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/conditional-tags/) article in the Theme Developer Handbook.