- %1$s is private and should not be used in themes or plugins directly.
ms_load_current_site_and_network ( $domain, $path, $subdomain = false )
- (string) domain The requested domain.
- (string) path The requested path.
- (bool) subdomain Optional. Whether a subdomain (true) or subdirectory (false) configuration. Default false.
- (bool|string) True if bootstrap successfully populated `$current_blog` and `$current_site`. False if bootstrap could not be properly completed. Redirect URL if parts exist, but the request as a whole can not be fulfilled.
- Introduced in WordPress: 4.6.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Identifies the network and site of a requested domain and path and populates the
corresponding network and site global objects as part of the multisite bootstrap process.Prior to 4.6.0, this was a procedural block in `ms-settings.php`. It was wrapped into
a function to facilitate unit tests. It should not be used outside of core.
Usually, it's easier to query the site first, which then declares its network.
In limited situations, we either can or must find the network first.
If a network and site are found, a `true` response will be returned so that the
request can continue.
If neither a network or site is found, `false` or a URL string will be returned
so that either an error can be shown or a redirect can occur.