get_tag ( $tag, $output = OBJECT, $filter = 'raw' )
- (int|WP_Term|object) tag A tag ID or object.
- (string) output Optional. The required return type. One of OBJECT, ARRAY_A, or ARRAY_N, which correspond to a WP_Term object, an associative array, or a numeric array, respectively. Default OBJECT.
- (string) filter Optional. How to sanitize tag fields. Default 'raw'.
- (WP_Term|array|WP_Error|null) Tag data in type defined by $output parameter. WP_Error if $tag is empty, null if it does not exist.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.3.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Retrieves a post tag by tag ID or tag object.If you pass the $tag parameter an object, which is assumed to be the tag row
object retrieved from the database, it will cache the tag data.
If you pass $tag an integer of the tag ID, then that tag will be retrieved
from the database, if it isn't already cached, and passed back.
If you look at get_term(), both types will be passed through several filters
and finally sanitized based on the $filter parameter value.