get_tag ( $tag, $output = OBJECT, $filter = 'raw' )
- (int|WP_Term|object) $tag A tag ID or object.
- (string) $output Optional. The required return type. One of OBJECT, ARRAY_A, or ARRAY_N, which correspond to a WP_Term object, an associative array, or a numeric array, respectively. Default OBJECT.
- (string) $filter Optional. Default is raw or no WordPress defined filter will applied.
- (WP_Term|array|WP_Error|null) Tag data in type defined by $output parameter. WP_Error if $tag is empty, null if it does not exist.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.3.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Retrieve post tag by tag ID or tag object.
If you pass the $tag parameter an object, which is assumed to be the tag row
object retrieved the database. It will cache the tag data.
If you pass $tag an integer of the tag ID, then that tag will
be retrieved from the database, if it isn't already cached, and pass it back.
If you look at get_term(), then both types will be passed through several
filters and finally sanitized based on the $filter parameter value.