- %1$s is private and should not be used in themes or plugins directly.
get_post_type_labels ( $post_type_object )
- (object|WP_Post_Type) post_type_object Post type object.
Defined at:Change Log:
- (object) Object with all the labels as member variables.
- Introduced in WordPress: 3.0.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Builds an object with all post type labels out of a post type object.Accepted keys of the label array in the post type object:
- `name` - General name for the post type, usually plural. The same and overridden
by `$post_type_object->label`. Default is 'Posts' / 'Pages'.
- `singular_name` - Name for one object of this post type. Default is 'Post' / 'Page'.
- `add_new` - Default is 'Add New' for both hierarchical and non-hierarchical types.
When internationalizing this string, please use a [gettext context](https://developer.wordpress.org/plugins/internationalization/how-to-internationalize-your-plugin/#disambiguation-by-context)
matching your post type. Example: `_x( 'Add New', 'product', 'textdomain' );`.
- `add_new_item` - Label for adding a new singular item. Default is 'Add New Post' / 'Add New Page'.
- `edit_item` - Label for editing a singular item. Default is 'Edit Post' / 'Edit Page'.
- `new_item` - Label for the new item page title. Default is 'New Post' / 'New Page'.
- `view_item` - Label for viewing a singular item. Default is 'View Post' / 'View Page'.
- `view_items` - Label for viewing post type archives. Default is 'View Posts' / 'View Pages'.
- `search_items` - Label for searching plural items. Default is 'Search Posts' / 'Search Pages'.
- `not_found` - Label used when no items are found. Default is 'No posts found' / 'No pages found'.
- `not_found_in_trash` - Label used when no items are in the Trash. Default is 'No posts found in Trash' /
'No pages found in Trash'.
- `parent_item_colon` - Label used to prefix parents of hierarchical items. Not used on non-hierarchical
post types. Default is 'Parent Page:'.
- `all_items` - Label to signify all items in a submenu link. Default is 'All Posts' / 'All Pages'.
- `archives` - Label for archives in nav menus. Default is 'Post Archives' / 'Page Archives'.
- `attributes` - Label for the attributes meta box. Default is 'Post Attributes' / 'Page Attributes'.
- `insert_into_item` - Label for the media frame button. Default is 'Insert into post' / 'Insert into page'.
- `uploaded_to_this_item` - Label for the media frame filter. Default is 'Uploaded to this post' /
'Uploaded to this page'.
- `featured_image` - Label for the featured image meta box title. Default is 'Featured image'.
- `set_featured_image` - Label for setting the featured image. Default is 'Set featured image'.
- `remove_featured_image` - Label for removing the featured image. Default is 'Remove featured image'.
- `use_featured_image` - Label in the media frame for using a featured image. Default is 'Use as featured image'.
- `menu_name` - Label for the menu name. Default is the same as `name`.
- `filter_items_list` - Label for the table views hidden heading. Default is 'Filter posts list' /
'Filter pages list'.
- `items_list_navigation` - Label for the table pagination hidden heading. Default is 'Posts list navigation' /
'Pages list navigation'.
- `items_list` - Label for the table hidden heading. Default is 'Posts list' / 'Pages list'.
- `item_published` - Label used when an item is published. Default is 'Post published.' / 'Page published.'
- `item_published_privately` - Label used when an item is published with private visibility.
Default is 'Post published privately.' / 'Page published privately.'
- `item_reverted_to_draft` - Label used when an item is switched to a draft.
Default is 'Post reverted to draft.' / 'Page reverted to draft.'
- `item_scheduled` - Label used when an item is scheduled for publishing. Default is 'Post scheduled.' /
- `item_updated` - Label used when an item is updated. Default is 'Post updated.' / 'Page updated.'
Above, the first default value is for non-hierarchical post types (like posts)
and the second one is for hierarchical post types (like pages).
Note: To set labels used in post type admin notices, see the Array filter.