discover_pingback_server_uri ( $url, $deprecated = '' )
- (string) $url URL to ping.
- (int) $deprecated Not Used.
- (false|string) False on failure, string containing URI on success.
- Introduced in WordPress: 1.5.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Finds a pingback server URI based on the given URL.
Checks the HTML for the rel="pingback" link and x-pingback headers. It does
a check for the x-pingback headers first and returns that, if available. The
check for the rel="pingback" has more overhead than just the header.