comment_exists ( $comment_author, $comment_date, $timezone = 'blog' )
- (string) $comment_author Author of the comment.
- (string) $comment_date Date of the comment.
- (string) $timezone Timezone. Accepts 'blog' or 'gmt'. Default 'blog'.
Defined at:Change Log:
- (mixed) Comment post ID on success.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.0.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Determine if a comment exists based on author and date.
For best performance, use
$timezone = 'gmt', which queries a field that is properly indexed. The default value
$timezone is 'blog' for legacy reasons.