check_password_reset_key ( $key, $login )
- (string) $key Hash to validate sending user's password.
- (string) $login The user login.
- (WP_User|WP_Error) WP_User object on success, WP_Error object for invalid or expired keys.
- Introduced in WordPress: 3.1.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Retrieves a user row based on password reset key and login
A key is considered 'expired' if it exactly matches the value of the
user_activation_key field, rather than being matched after going through the
hashing process. This field is now hashed; old values are no longer accepted
but have a different WP_Error code so good user feedback can be provided.