author_can ( $post, $capability, $args )
- (int|WP_Post) post Post ID or post object.
- (string) capability Capability name.
- (mixed) args Optional further parameters, typically starting with an object ID.
Defined at:Change Log:
- (bool) Whether the post author has the given capability.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.9.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Returns whether the author of the supplied post has the specified capability.This function also accepts an ID of an object to check against if the capability is a meta capability. Meta
capabilities such as `edit_post` and `edit_user` are capabilities used by the `map_meta_cap()` function to
map to primitive capabilities that a user or role has, such as `edit_posts` and `edit_others_posts`.
author_can( $post, 'edit_posts' );
author_can( $post, 'edit_post', $post->ID );
author_can( $post, 'edit_post_meta', $post->ID, $meta_key );