- %1$s is private and should not be used in themes or plugins directly.
_wp_keep_alive_customize_changeset_dependent_auto_drafts ( $new_status, $old_status, $post )
- (string) new_status Transition to this post status.
- (string) old_status Previous post status.
- (WP_Post) post Post data.
- Introduced in WordPress: 4.8.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: —
Make sure that auto-draft posts get their post_date bumped or status changed to draft to prevent premature garbage-collection.When a changeset is updated but remains an auto-draft, ensure the post_date
for the auto-draft posts remains the same so that it will be
garbage-collected at the same time by `wp_delete_auto_drafts()`. Otherwise,
if the changeset is updated to be a draft then update the posts
to have a far-future post_date so that they will never be garbage collected
unless the changeset post itself is deleted.
When a changeset is updated to be a persistent draft or to be scheduled for
publishing, then transition any dependent auto-drafts to a draft status so
that they likewise will not be garbage-collected but also so that they can
be edited in the admin before publishing since there is not yet a post/page
editing flow in the Customizer. See #39752.