- _c is deprecated since version 2.9.0!
_c ( $text, $domain = 'default' )
- (string) text Text to translate.
- (string) domain Optional. Domain to retrieve the translated text.
- (string) Translated context string without pipe.
- Introduced in WordPress: 2.2.0
- Deprecated in WordPress: 2.9.0
Retrieve translated string with vertical bar contextQuite a few times, there will be collisions with similar translatable text
found in more than two places but with different translated context.
In order to use the separate contexts, the _c() function is used and the
translatable string uses a pipe ('|') which has the context the string is in.
When the translated string is returned, it is everything before the pipe, not
including the pipe character. If there is no pipe in the translated text then
everything is returned.