add_action ( $tag, $function_to_add, $priority = 10, $accepted_args = 1 )
- (string) $tag The name of the action to which the $function_to_add is hooked.
- (callback) $function_to_add The name of the function you wish to be called.
- (int) $priority optional. Used to specify the order in which the functions associated with a particular action are executed (default: 10). Lower numbers correspond with earlier execution, and functions with the same priority are executed in the order in which they were added to the action.
- (int) $accepted_args optional. The number of arguments the function accept (default 1).
- Introduced in WordPress: 1.2
- Deprecated in WordPress: -
Hooks a function on to a specific action.
Actions are the hooks that the WordPress core launches at specific points
during execution, or when specific events occur. Plugins can specify that
one or more of its PHP functions are executed at these points, using the